Battlefords Agricultural Society History

Agricultural Society History

Battlefords Agricultural Society History

  • Formed in 1884 as the Battle River Agricultural Society.
  • The 1885 fair was cancelled due to the Riel Rebellion.
  • The first fair was held on Oct. 12, 1887.
  • In 1937, Grey Owl officially opened the fair.
  • In 1951, Prime Minister St. Laurent did the Official Opening.
  • In 1956, The Battlefords Agricultural Society became our legal name.

Links / Forms